Constitution of Russia
Article 26 [National Identity, Native Language]
(1) Everyone has the right to determine and state his national identity. No one can be forced to determine and state his national identity.
(2) Everyone has the right to use his native language, freely choose the language of communication, education, training and creative work.
Article 68 [State Language]
(1) The state language of the Russian Federation throughout its territory is the Russian language.
(2) The republics have the right to institute their own state languages. They are used alongside the state language of the Russian Federation in bodies of state power, bodies of local self-government and state institutions of the republics.
(3) The Russian Federation guarantees all its peoples the right to preserve their native language and to create the conditions for its study and development.
Article 69 [Indigenous Rights]
The Russian Federation guarantees the rights of small indigenous peoples in accordance with the generally accepted principles and standards of international law and international treaties of the Russian Federation.