Constitution of Romania
Article 4 [Unity, No Discrimination]
(1) The State foundation is laid on the unity of the Romanian people.
(2) Romania is the common and indivisible homeland of all its citizens, without any discrimination on account of race, nationality, ethnic origin, language, religion, sex, opinion, political adherence, property, or social origin.
Article 13 [Language]
In Romania, the official language is Romanian.
Article 32 [Education]
(1) The right to education is provided for by the compulsory general education, by education in high schools and vocational schools, by higher education, as well as other forms of instruction and post-graduate courses for refreshing education.
(2) Education of all grades shall be in Romanian. Education may also be conducted in a foreign language of international use, under the terms laid down by law.
(3) The right of persons belonging to national minorities to learn their mother tongue, and their right to be educated in this language are guaranteed; the ways to exercise these rights shall be regulated by law.
(4) Public education shall be free, according to the law.
(5) Educational establishments, including private institutions shall be set up and conduct their activity according to the provisions of the law.
(6) The autonomy of the Universities is guaranteed.
(7) The State shall ensure the freedom of religious education, in accordance with the specific requirements of each religious cult. In public schools, religious education is organized and guaranteed by law.
Article 127 [Court Language]
(1) Procedure shall be conducted in Romanian.
(2) Citizens belonging to national minorities, as well as persons who cannot understand or speak Romanian, have the right to take cognizance of all acts and files of the case, to speak before the Court, and formulate conclusions, through an interpreter; in criminal trials, this right shall be ensured free of charge.
Article 148 [Limits to Amendment]
(1) The provisions of this Constitution with regard to the national, independent, unitary, and indivisible character of the Romanian State, the Republican form of government, territorial integrity, independence of the judiciary, political pluralism, and official language shall not be subject to revision.
(2) Likewise, no revision shall be made if it results in the suppression of the citizens fundamental rights and freedoms, or the safeguards thereof.
(3) The Constitution shall not be revised during a state of siege or emergency or at wartime